Kanye West continues to provide a platform for his artists to get out their dreams. The string of consecutive Yeezy-produced projects goes up by one as G.O.O.D. Music artist, Teyana Taylor, released her new album, K.T.S.E. (Keep the Same Energy), which finally made its way to streaming services on Saturday morning (June 23).
This is Taylor’s sophomore album, and the fifth installment in Kanye West’s plan to take over the summer, following albums from Pusha T, Kanye, Kanye and Kid Cudi and the West-produced Nas album. Unlike the previous releases, TT’s LP contains eight songs and not seven, with ‘Ye behind most of the beats and appearing on the track, “Hurry,” as the only cameo on the whole record. Mike Dean, Boogz Da Beast, Rodney Jerkins, Che Pope, Plain Pat and more also contribute to the soundscape.
On Thursday (June 21), West and Taylor debuted the new album at an album listening party that took place in a studio lot in Los Angeles that was modeled after the singer’s hometown, Harlem. The star-studded event also included appearances from 2 Chainz, Meek Mill, Nelly and more.
K.T.S.E. is the follow-up to Taylor’s G.O.O.D. Music debut, VII, which dropped in 2014 and featured Chris Brown, Fabolous, Pusha-T and Yo Gotti.
Listen to Teyana Taylor’s K.T.S.E. album below.
Teyana Taylor’s K.T.S.E. Album Tracklist
1. “No Manners” (produced by Che Pope, Mike Dean, Kanye West, Mark Batson and Boogz Da Beast)
2. “Gonna Love Me” (produced by Boogz Da Beast, Noah Goldstein, Kanye West and Mike Dean)
3. “Issues/Hold On” (produced by Boogz Da Beast, Kanye West, Plain Pat, and Mike Dean)
4. “Hurry” featuring Kanye West (produced by Boogz Da Beast Kanye West and Mike Dean)
5. “3Way” (produced by Kanye West, Mike Dean and Rodney Jerkins)
6. “Rose in Harlem” (produced by Kanye West, Evan Mast, Mike Dean and Boogz Da Beast)
7. “Never Would Have Made It” (produced by Kanye West)
8. “Wtp” featuring Mykki Blanco (produced by Kanye West, Nova Wave, Ely Rise, Andrew Dawson and Mykki Blanco)
See New Music Releases for June 2018